24 August 2008

raising the bar...





So it's almost time to raise the bars on the crib. I awoke yesterday to a little monkey just talking away in his crib. I laid there listening to him for a while in the dark before making any movements. Then I looked over to the crib and saw the top of this little face. There were 2 eyes and a nose peeking over the rails of the crib looking at me. And then a little hand came up over the rail. And the face rose a bit higher... revealing a perfect little mouth. He looked around the room. Talked a little bit. Then collapsed back down in the crib. It wasn't long before the show started again. He proceeded with this pulling up, looking around, then collapsing to rest many times. I watched him for a good 15 min. Once I got the camera, he just looked at me expecting to be picked up. His spacial awareness has really improved. I will try and catch him in action in the next few mornings. (I am keeping the camera in bed with me... so I don't have to get up and distract him). In the mean time... some pictures. :)

9 comments:

...me said...

that is the cutest, sweetest face and narrative story yet!

Bubbis said...

classic! yet another good desk top for the next few weeks. Thanks

bethany weaver said...

aaaagggggghhhhhh! the cuteness is killing me yet again!

M said...

He's starting to stand on his own! STUPID IRAQ!!! WANNA COME HOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!

...me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T and B Rowe said...

what a little man - adorable! :)

Unknown said...

What a guy. Grandma & Grandpa Smalley

ebers79 said...

for the record... he isn't standing just yet. just pulling up from laying on his belly.

Leigh Anne said...

oh my goodness!!! adorable!