17 August 2008

a few new tricks

so this is something that has been getting more and more obvious in the last week or so... Mommy trying to eat, and Caden grabbing whatever it is that Mommy has and trying to get it into his mouth. At the beach, he did it with a (couple of) peach(es). I did let him suck on a lemon wedge. He liked it. He went back for more. Had to stop that when he started rubbing his face... can't get lemon juice in the eyes... that doesn't make for a happy baby! But, the point being that he is displaying the signs of "it's time to start on solid foods". I have been avoiding this for as long as possible. The dr said i could get him started, well, 2 months ago. But I really wanted him to stick with the exclusive nursing as long as possible. It helps with not getting food allergies, helps build strong immune systems, it's perfectly balanced for his digestive system, it's inexpensive, etc. But now that he's getting close to sitting on his own, is grabbing for whatever it is that i'm trying to eat, and is totally gumming my knuckles now... i think the time is almost upon us. Our little boy is growing up! To give you a preview of what I'm talking about, these 2 videos are from this afternoon. Yes, we were bad and went to Sonic for shakes. I know, I know, totally not good for me... yes, I am fully aware. But that isn't the point. The whole time i was sitting there drinking the thing, the boy wonder kept grabbing for it, licking and drooling on my straw, and yelling at me when i wouldn't give it to him. So here ya go... make note of the serious tongue action!
A side note, before I forget... he is also responding to voices now. When he hears my voice, he talks back or turns to see where I am. He does it for the others in the house as well. Especially Daddy and David. It's funny to see how differently his responses are to them compared to Mom, Liz and me.

And earlier in the day... we had him in his bouncer and he was jumping all over the place. Not particularly talkative... but definitely getting more comfortable bouncing around on his own. I am still working on getting a REALLY good video of this, but he just doesn't bounce on demand. Oh well. Maybe he's not a male model after all! :) (Then again, that's not such a bad thing, is it!) So here are a few clips of his bouncing escapades this afternoon. I am hoping to get a video of him flipping over for you soon. But like bouncing, he doesn't flip on demand. Liz is right, he's going to hate cameras when he gets older! oh well...
and while i know this is video overload... oh well! :P

1 comment:

M said...

hee hee, he must be ours, he like Sonic. Funny thing was, I could not tear my eyes away from you throughout the last two videos. You are so HOT!!! I miss you my dearest love.