29 January 2011

Warm Days!





I have a really hard time every January. I really can't stand cold weather. I can't stand being stuck in the house. I can't stand dreary gray days when you never really see the sun. Yup, I love places like the pacific northwest, but I just can't take it. It's all I can do to handle January each year. However... today was a good day! Michael sent me some beautiful lilies that have brightened up the house. And today we topped out around 57 degrees... and SUNNY! Packed up the boy after lunch and headed to the Nashville Zoo to meet up with Aunt Katie and Cousin Daniel. 'Twas a much needed time outdoors... didn't even need a jacket, just a long sleeved shirt! The boys needed it too! Nothing to cheer up the mood than a whole bunch of flamingos ruffling their feathers all up, lynxes doing some sort of barking/growling thing, and snow leopards walking up right in front of you! Not to mention chickens and cows and goats... I think the farm area of the zoo is my favorite. Odd, I know. It was a good afternoon!

No comments: