22 February 2011

when i grow up

Caden has recently been downright obsessed with all things to do with soldiers. The other day we were at one of our local sew shops picking some stuff up and Caden came running up to me and this is what he had to say...

"Mommy, when I get bigger I will be a soldier like Daddy. I will wear soldier clothes and I will have a gun. And I will shoot bad guys. Daddy is a soldier and he has a gun and he shoots bad guys. When I am big, I will have a gun."

These statements, and ones of a similar nature, have been stated many times in the past few weeks. I don't know where he heard that you carry a gun and kill bad guys (cause it certainly wasn't from me)... he thinks this is a very good idea and he wants to do it. So there ya go...

I do have some pics from our recent zoo trip. Will try and get them up after my physical therapy appt this afternoon.

3 comments:

...me said...

...well, if it is any comfort...as of late I find
myself thinking about bird hunting...and I don't know where that came from either!

ebers79 said...

bird hunting... nice. come spring you will be thinking about squirrel hunting...

...me said...

...you know, i did find all those wonderful american grey squirrel recipes the brits began putting out when the american grey squirrel population began overtaking their indigenous red squirrel population - might have to go back and take another look at those! : )