22 January 2011

roll reversal

Ok, so I don't have pictures to go along with this... but couldn't forget to tell the story.

Just as we were finishing dinner, Caden got out of his seat and climbed into my lap. Looked up at me and said "You're the baby and I'm the mommy."

Of course, I immediately start "crying" to which he responds, "It's okay, it's okay!"

Then I switch course... "Mommy, May I have some juice please? Apple juice, please."

Caden looked at me and said, "How do you ask?" (*I had said please, but of course I had to repeat myself.)

He looked at my glass and said, "Since you asked so nicely, as soon as you finish your orange juice, you may have some apple juice."

I almost fell out of my seat laughing. Guess you just had to be there...

It only got better when he walked away into the living room, picked up his big red bat and took a swing. Then said, "Watch the ball, and step into the swing." Which was followed by several more swings and repeating himself.

He was in rare form this evening... :)

4 comments:

M said...

What a little entertainer! Where is the baseball quote from?

ebers79 said...

i wasn't sure off the top of my head... but i think it's from the movie your mom got him... Everyone's Hero. He hasn't watched it in a long time though, so I'm not sure. And it was the first time I'd ever heard him say it... so who knows!

...me said...

...ask him if he would like to skype call his dinosaur on friday! tell him his dinosaur would like to talk to him!

ebers79 said...

the first time i asked him, he said "no". the second time i asked him, he said "yes". the third time i asked him, he said "yes" and walked over and got in my lap to talk to his dino right now. lol... i should have known better than to ask him several days before fri...