15 January 2010

that's it for now.

Alright, I think that is enough to hold you all over for a while. I think that was like 10 new posts or something in that range.

The kiddo is taking a much needed nap right now. We just got back from the Oreck store. Had to take the vacuum in last Friday for some maintenance. A story worth sharing...

So I had stepped out of the room for a few minutes. Caden had been sick the whole night before, so I needed a minute to myself... and he was contented watching Elmo for the moment. I heard a crashing noise come from the living room. No crying, so I wasn't too concerned. Then, a moment later, I heard the vacuum turn on and what sounded like it being pushed across the room. As I was otherwise tied up, I couldn't run out there. Wasn't really concerned until I heard the thunks that come when you suck something up into the vacuum that you normally wouldn't want to suck up. I came running out into the living room to see my toddler holding a running vacuum that was smoking up a storm. The whole living room was filled with this hideous smelling smoke. Behind Caden, there was one of my plants... toppled over with dirt all over the ground (thus the source of the crashing noise from earlier).

As it turned out... He had knocked over my plant spilling soil all over the carpet. He knew that the best way to clean up such a mess was to vacuum. So that's what he was planning on doing. But somewhere between point A and B, he sucked up one of Michael's charger cords which got jammed in the roller brush. This in turn burned out the belt in the vacuum... thus the smoke and nasty smell. So, the Oreck man has cleaned and serviced my vacuum making it like new again. Even put a new roller bar in there for me. :) I love these vacuums!

While this may seem silly to some, when you vacuum on a daily basis, you want it to work really well and not make the job harder than it needs to be. They would be hard pressed to ever sell me a different type of vacuum. Besides, this one is light enough that even my 2 year old can use it.

:)

3 comments:

...me said...

...em, thanks for updating! i enjoyed every one of the pictures, videos, and narratives! (one of my favorites has to be your mom and the boys! what a delight!!!)

...love you guys!

David Sanders said...

awesome stuff emlay. Id have to also say my favorite is easily the boys feeding mom. I would like to point out that not only were the boys known to be jumping on my bed, but yall influenced them to! unacceptable. When I have children, I will train them to break all of your beloved vacuums muahahaha

ebers79 said...

yes, well, jumping on your bed was better than them banging on the computer, making phone calls with the house phone, or banging on daddy's guitar! So, it's all about the lesser of the evils! Yea, that's it....

besides, if you didn't want them on your bed... there is always the room in the basement! It even has decorative Christmas lights for you!