30 January 2010

retraction



I would like to retract my former implication that we didn't get much snow. From up on our balcony I couldn't tell how deep it was... And yea, we got more than 3 inches... less than 9, but WAY more than our balcony would imply. I guess the wind did a good job of keeping it from building up on the rooftops and balconies. It ended up being well above the tops of my boots. Needless to say, Caden didn't last long out there.

It's 21 degrees out there. The wind is blowing. I didn't want my toddler to get COLD. Knowing he would have snow everywhere if I didn't watch it, I covered him up pretty well. Taking notes from "A Christmas Story"... you know the kid... so layered up that he couldn't move his arms and legs. Yea, that was Caden. He had on 3 layers for his legs, 4 layers for his torso, 2 pairs of mittens, his hat... not to mention wearing hard soled shoes (which make it really hard for him to walk... throws his balance off since he's used to being able to actually feel the ground with his leather soled shoes.)

The pictures speak for themselves. We spent more time getting dressed than we spent outside playing in the snow. Now the clothes are in the dryer, the shoes are outside the door, and we are warming up inside. :)

3 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

love all the pics and videos! we got lots of snow too. love and miss you guys!!

...me said...

he knew exactly what to do with the snow without having to be instructed! that little boy is sooo smart!!!

roadrunner201 said...

Sure has been one crazy winter, huh?! That boy is getting so big:-) Such a cutie!