01 April 2012

a big adventure




Well, today marks a new phase in my life as Caden's mom. He has left on a grand adventure... today I dropped him off at the airport with Daddy and they are flying to Wilmington, NC. Daddy will be leaving him with Gmommy and Gdaddy to have a week at the beach with them while he heads to SC for Recruiters School. That leaves Ry and I here without the boys. It's strange. I've never been this far away from Caden in the 4 yrs he's been alive. Sure, I've left him overnight before, but we were only on the other side of town... and never longer than 18 hrs. This is monumental for me. He was super excited to be going on this adventure and I'm excited for him. But I miss my guys!

The 2 pics of Caden in the car... we of course stopped off to grab him a kolache on the way to the airport this morning. We were waiting in the car for Daddy to run in and grab them and made a photo op of it.

The pic of Daddy and Caden right before they walked into the airport. Word from Daddy is that the flights are going alright. They were in Charlotte last I heard... and apparently they got upgraded on their first flight 'cause Daddy was in uniform. ha! love it!

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Caden is getting so big!!

...me said...

...epic!
... xxxooo ~

ebers79 said...

yea, last minute decision... like late yesterday afternoon. what an adventure yesterday was... ha! a few tears have been shed over the absence of my boys! it's hard enough having one gone, but both?!

...me said...

...are you still going to be at campbell this coming weekend? i am still planning on coming up...