04 August 2010

swimming more

So he did it... he actually got it! The child had his swimmies on this afternoon. Took the first two steps into the pool... then, without any goading from me... proceeded to jump into the pool and kick his little legs and swam around. He was holding his breath when he needed to. Was pulling with his arms and kicking with his legs. And continued on like this for the better part of 90 min this afternoon. Don't know how I am going to get this on film... but will have to figure something out. You HAVE to see this. It was a great joy to see. Our friend Anne went with us today, so maybe I can get her to go with us again and stay in the pool with him while I film it. We will see. Take my word for it though, it was wonderful. :) He's such a big boy. And was so proud of himself. Now he's sleeping like a log! Think I will go do the same thing... Start week 3 of P90X tomorrow... need my rest if I am gonna get through all those push ups and pull ups. (not that I can really do a pull up yet... but the chair helps me work into it).

:)

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

yay Caden!!

...me said...

...that's my little waterbug!
...next summer: little fish swim team
...2024: summer olympics! (right after he graduates early from MIT) :)

M said...

And of course marries Maiya

...me said...

...of course!