02 May 2010

13 inches and still going


It is still raining... we have over 13 inches of rain here in clarksville alone - all in the last 36 hours! and we haven't even gotten the brunt of the storm. nashville was hit much harder than we were. I-40 and I-24 have both been shut down in sections. Here in C'ville... the Red River, the Cumberland River, and that other river I can't ever remember the name of... have all overflowed their banks. ANd it's still raining! blah! Days like this are made for ice cream and movies! :) Here are some shots of the deck...

from the top: jet star tomato, kale, orange bell pepper, a bit of perspective, and thai basil.

2 comments:

...me said...

i'm glad to see the crops have survived the first month of tornado season...maybe you will get them to harvest! :)

ebers79 said...

I actually have been using the kale in my green lemonade! obviously it's not enough to use alone, so i am still buying kale at the store... but hey, it's a start! :) and hopefully the blooms on the tomato will give me some fruit in the near future!