11 July 2008

when life gives you kale...

make green lemonade!
Our new juicer came yesterday, baby! Needless to say, I immediately made green lemonade for dinner last night... and for breakfast this morning! I am so excited for you to come home and try it. We get a lot more juice with this one... the pulp is almost dry when it comes out. Yes, I get excited about the little things. And since this one is a single gear masticating juicer, I can do all sorts of other things with it. Gonna try a banana/blueberry "ice cream" with it later this afternoon... will let you know how that goes. We can also make almond butter with it... though i think it's cheaper to just buy almond butter (and a heck of a lot less clean up). :)

And here's your little monkey the other nite... he had had his bath and we were in the home stretch for getting him down for the night. (yea, sure... you see how open those eyes are!) He does love hanging out with his Aunt Lizzie though. She makes him laugh. It's really cute to watch. It's going to be sad to see her move to Florida. He will miss her (and so will I!).

Alright... he's down for a nap... so I am going to grab something to eat and maybe catch a nap myself. I love you, my Champion!

6 comments:

M said...

YAY!!! So glad that you finally got the juicer! I miss green lemonade very badly.


You have my heart

Your Champion

...me said...

green lemonade?...is that recipe on the internet?

(and incidentally, even if she moves to florida...she will always be more than aunt lizzie - she will forever be the LEGENDARY! aunt lizzie who can always makes littlemrperfect smile..i am a witness to that!)

bethany weaver said...

speaking of.. ben keeps talking about wanting to make green lemonade. any idea like that intrigues him. do you need a juicer to make it? are there other options? guide me, oh wise raw foods lady!

M said...

We should give the B-Weavers our old juicer baby. Do we still have it?

ebers79 said...

yes, we have it in storage in TN. We can certainly give it to you B, when I get back out there and dig it out.

As for what Green Lemonade is... guess I should put it in a blog... so here goes...

bethany weaver said...

yeah, i remember you telling us that kale was the key ingredient. beyond that, we're lost! and thanks for the juicer! we'll look forward to that as our christmas present ;)
xoxo,
b