29 June 2010

memorial stones




So I am starting to work on some memorial stones for the Gators we have lost in the last few weeks. I am pouring my own concrete stones for the individual guys... but wanted to make a "main" stone... mostly because I had planned on doing these sorts of pre-poured stones to begin with... but decided the ones I am going to make myself will look better. So rather than waste the one I had been painting on... this is the direction I took it in. However, no sooner had the paint dried and I was all done... but Caden got one of my paint pens and another marker and "helped" improve Mommy's work... oye. Have tried spot remover and finger nail polish remover to get the marks off... with no luck. So if you have any ideas on how to get paint OFF concrete, other than pressure washing it and starting all over again...
I don't know if I should just take some primer and paint over the whole thing, and start again... or just leave it as is and put it out at the company with all of Caden's wonderful additions. Advice would be appreciated...
*the first shot with only the cut-outs were before I made my stencils and started anything... it was just a layout to get ideas. the one with the yellow and black is unfinished... obviously... and pre-Caden. The ones with the red were completed... but with Caden's additions. I knew I should have gotten that stone out of the house sooner... just wasn't positive I was done with it yet!

1 comment:

...me said...

how about greying it out...sort of a "white out" approach...? but using a matching paint color to cover?
xxxooo...