13 August 2009

aliens or storms



I missed getting the shots I wanted from this storm that blew in last week. (Camera battery died just when I turned it on... opps). It reminded me of the scene in Independence Day when the alien ships fly in above the towns and the leading edge of the ship blotting out the sun. It was about 7pm when this thing blew in out of nowhere... it was still sunny out. And then it was dark... very dark.

On the flip side... here is a shot of my tomato plants growing out on our deck. The little green tomatoes are growing nicely... Michael said that from the parking lot, our deck looks like a jungle... with the tomatoes, basil, dill, oregano, and palms all growing happily, it makes me smile! :)

2 comments:

...me said...

those are some freaky looking skies...

(and will you come garden with me? i would like herbs...and tomatoes...and winter squash...and sunflowers...and japanese maples...and lavender...and...)

ebers79 said...

once they finish the deck "maintenance" I will be planting some Kale and Spinach for a Fall harvest... would be glad to help your little garden grow! :) I love gardening!