21 June 2008

teething and crawling


Ah... he's taking a nap! How wonderful to have a few minutes to get things done. This morning was fun. He didn't wake up until 10:30! We then proceeded to play with his activity gym and our little game of sitting/standing/walking. He loves to pull up to sitting then get his legs under him and stand up. :)

I will have to get Liz or Dad to video him standing up. (kinda hard to hold onto him and take the video/picture at the same time).

It's really hard to believe that this little man is 12 weeks old already. How did that happen? Time is flying by! Thankfully, this means we can see the light at the end of the deployment tunnel! Christmas will be here soon and thus the end of this blasted deployment! I am ready to have my Champion home again!

I am realizing now how crazy I was prior to Caden's birth. How in the world did I think I would drive to Cali when he was 6-8 weeks old? And how did I figure I would be back in the best shape ever by the time he was 3 months? For all the mothers out there that let me learn that lesson on my own, thank you. :) oh... I hear a little one...

1 comment:

...me said...

dear em...i, for one, think you are pretty extraordinary; therefore, i couldn't rule out the possibility that you might have driven out - but you are also very wise, so...
on the other hand...perhaps, given the rate at which my little mr perfect is growing and developing, he might actually be able to share the driving in a couple more months! (of course, the state troopers might expect some sort of explanation if you get pulled over...)